Debt Payoff Planner 2.0 Help
Debt Payoff Planner 2.0 Help
Table of Contents
Learn how to create a plan and track your progress with the new and improved Debt Payoff Planner
App Help and FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Desktop access is available at https://app.debtpayoffplanner.com/
Note that multi-device access (using both mobile and desktop) is available to Pro members
To use the previous version:
- On the ‘Sign up’ page click the link at the bottom of the page that says ‘Use DPP1 instead’ and confirm the selection by clicking the ‘OK’ button.
- If you are already signed in, you can go to the ‘Settings’ menu and click ‘Sign out’. This will take you to the ‘Sign in’ page. Click the link at the bottom of the page that says ‘Sign up here’ to navigate to the ‘Sign up’ page.
You may have a DPP2 account that is not up-to-date with the latest DPP1 data. If you want a fresh migration of your DPP1 data into DPP2, you can go to Settings -> My account -> Delete account (at the bottom of the page) and delete the DPP2 account. Now go to the Sign-in page and sign-in using your regular DPP1 credentials. When it asks how you’d like to handle your existing DPP1 account, choose ‘Migrate’. Now you’re all up-to-date.
Please note that DPP1 and DPP2 do not sync. If you have made changes in DPP2, these will not show up in DPP1. This should be considered before deleting the DPP2 account in order to migrate the data again.
- Please check your spam folder and see if the email ended up there.
- There is sometimes a delay from the email sender and the email will show up within 5 minutes or so
- If you don’t see the email after 5 minutes, try to click the ‘Resend code’ link. Oftentimes it will show up on the second attempt.
- If you are still not seeing an email, contact us at email@example.com and let us know the name of your email address so we can help you out.
You can customize your extra payment priority by selecting one of the ‘Custom’ options in the ‘Extra payment priority’ page that is accessed from the ‘Strategy’ page. The actual custom order that corresponds to the strategy page is set in the Debts page. To change the custom priority, select ‘Custom’ from the ‘Sort by’ dropdown, ‘Edit’ the order, and drag-and-drop the debts. The debt in the top position will receive priority for the extra payments.
You are able to reset your forgotten password by accessing the ‘Forgot password’ link on the ‘Sign in’ page. You can get there by going to Settings -> Sign out and click the ‘Forgot Password’ link. This will send you an email you can use to reset your password.
Occasionally the internet can be a bit finicky and you’ll see an error that says ‘Houston we have a problem’.
- Try and close the app and reopen it
- Try to switch from WiFi to Cell data or from Cell data to WiFi
- Try to clear out your network settings:
- Turn off the WiFi and turn on airplane mode on the phone (so it’s completely disconnected from the internet)
- Close the app (hard close it, not just backgrounding it)
- Reopen the app (you should see an error about no connection)
- Turn on the WiFi and turn off airplane mode
- Reopen the app
- Try to wait a couple of days. We know this is frustrating, but most of the time it has to do with some configurations being set incorrectly somewhere in the internet and these get refreshed after a couple of day